Saturday, June 14, 2014

what can i do to make our marriage better?

what can i do to make our marriage better?
my husband and I have been married going on 4 years in July. the first couple months, things were great, we barely fought, we spent all our time together, and were in that "honeymoon" stage. after the 2nd or 3rd month, things started going downhill, and have been bad ever since. 4 months after getting married we moved to germany, cause hes military, and in 06 he was deployed. during this time, (1 year) we had our daughter. she is alot of the reason i stay, but also cause i love him. but ever since he started asking me to do that, and i started a friendship with another man, whom i no longer talk to, things have just been bad. we fight about money, what i make for dinner, EVERYTHING!!!! the house is never clean enough. blah blah blah!! he tells me he doesnt want me to work, then turns around and bithces cause i dont have a job, and we never have "play" money. i dont wanna leave so what are some ways i can make things better between us, and help strengthen our marriage? dont be rude!!! thanks 6ofUs. that is a great suggestion. hopefully it will help.
Marriage & Divorce - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Seriously, no one here can help you with that many issues. You need to get into marriage counseling, and quick. In fact, don't even read my response, just make that phone call!
2 :
You did the right thing by ending the friendship with the other man. Things got worse after the friendship because you formed an emotional bond with someone else besides your husband. This closeness only makes the one that you're with appear worse. You should avoid such closeness with other men, and be sure to communicate your feelings to your spouse. Be dedicated to praying about and working on your issues. That's marraiage. It has it's ups and downs, and that's perfectly normal. Let him know how you feel about his contradictions, and come to an agreement. It will work out.
3 :
Wow! You sound like me in the beginning. The only thing hat REALLY worked for us was growing the heck up! My husband had issues that I could not change and I had some that he couldn't change. That is NOT a judgment or an insult it really is the truth. Your husband really needs to grow up and be more compassionate towards you though. I don't know what your issues may be, though none make you deserve being abused (physically, emotionally or verbally). Maybe you should seek marital counseling also.Be strong, continue to LOVE & Good luck!
4 :
Sounds to me like your hubby is bitchy and childish. He wants to have his cake and eat it too....and then complain about the crumbs. :s Perhaps he should be thinking of ways to make your marriage better. If he wasn't willing to put in an adult effort and stop with the crap, I'd pack my bags and leave him to deal with the not-clean-enough house himself. My partner knows this much : if it's cleaned I did it and if it's not clean "enough" for him he can darn well do it himself. Same goes for supper, I cook, he eats. There is no complaint or argument. I don't run a restaurant or an inn. I am not a maid nor a master chef but I do my best and always put my heart in what I do and that should be acknowledged. To strengthen your marriage, grow a back bone and stand up for yourself. Show him that you are not his door mat. Trust me, he'll respect you more for speaking up than if you continue to play the "poor-me" pity card. Good luck.